Social Impact (SI) is committed to maintaining the privacy of our employees, website visitors, potential employees and consultants.
Our policy explains:
- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we collect, store and use that information.
- How to access and update information
Retention of information:
We strive to retain documents only as long as required by applicable laws or contracts and/or as reasonably needed for legitimate business purposes.
How we collect information:
We collect information in several ways.
- Online employment applications
- Online sign up for SI emails and newsletter. Our email correspondence service, MailChimp, is compliant with EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- SI’s ISOS Emergency Record portal, that allows employees and consultants to securely store and access vital health, contact and vaccination information and important images.
- Direct contact (such as email, phone) between our staff and you, where correspondence could be logged
What information we collect:
We strive to only collect personal information that is reasonably necessary for a function or activity of ours. The personal information we collect includes but is not limited to:
- Name and gender
- Date of Birth
- Postal address
- Telephone or facsimile number
- Email address, IP address
- Occupation, references and previous employment history, qualifications and skills
- Relationship or marital status
- Information provided by you through our website, Facebook or Twitter accounts
- Your contractual and performance history with us
- Health information provided by you
How we store information:
We will store your personal information either electronically or in hardcopy and sometimes in both versions. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that all personal information collected from you is stored in a secure environment.
How we use information we collect:
Social Impact respects your privacy rights. The way we use or disclose your personal information will depend on the reason(s) why we have received your personal information. For example, we may use your personal information for the below purposes:
- Provision of information to you, employing you, or receiving services from you
- Correspondence and inquiries
- Assessing your suitability for potential employment or other contractual engagement
- Submission of documents to our clients including expressions of interest, capability statements and tenders
- Compliance with all relevant laws, court/tribunal orders or enforcement related activities.
You may choose not to provide us with your personal information. Please note that in this circumstance we may be unable to assist you through answering your query, responding to your requests or otherwise contracting with you.
How to access, amend, or delete your information:
You may request access to your personal information that we hold and we will attempt to provide the personal information in the manner you request. You may request access by emailing [email protected].
You may also amend or update specific types of information yourself:
- If you need to amend your employment application or candidate account, you may access it by logging into your account at any time: www.socialimpact.com/previous-applicants.
- For those who may be covered by the new European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), SI will follow the requirements for deleting or removing your candidate account at your request. If you are an EU citizen or resident, and would like to remove your candidate account, including any personal information that you’ve submitted to SI, please send an email to [email protected]. You agree that if you elect to delete your account with us, we aren’t able to consider you for employment unless you choose to re-submit an application to us.
- To access or update your personal information for the SI newsletter subscription, or unsubscribe fully, you may do so through the links available in the newsletter email you received.
- To access or update your personal information in SI’s ISOS Emergency Record portal, click here – Emergency Record Portal – and follow the instructions contained therein.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Social Impact is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Our President and executive leadership are committed to supporting diversity in the workplace. Our employment decisions and practices, including recruitment, selection, job assignment, transfer, promotion/demotion, discipline (including termination), training, education, tuition, social/recreational programs, compensation and benefits, will be made on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability, and/or U.S. veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Employment Opportunities for Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans
Social Impact adheres to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA & ADAAA), Rehabilitation Act (Section 503) and Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) and treats all applicants and employees with disabilities in accordance with requirements of these laws. SI is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to individuals with disabilities. We do not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities in regard to application procedures, hiring, advancement, discharge, compensation, training or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment. SI complies with all federal and state laws concerning the employment of persons with disabilities and acts in accordance with regulations and guidance issues by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC).