The USAID/Mali Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Platform is a five-year activity awarded to Social Impact, Inc. (SI) to provide technical and advisory services to design and carry out various monitoring, evaluation, and learning activities for USAID/Mali. The contract has three major components.
- USAID/Mali monitoring support through a Third-Party Monitoring (TPM) mechanism.
- Evaluation Services and Surveys; and
- Collaborating, Learning, and Adaptive Management and Communication Services.
Under Component 2, SI will conduct the Final Performance Evaluation of the USAID/Mali Peace, Stabilization, and Reconciliation (PSR) activity. SI seeks the services of a data collection firm to support the evaluation data collection at the field level.
The purpose of this Final Performance Evaluation for the Mali Peace, Stabilization, and Reconciliation (PSR) activity is to inform the United States Agency for International Development (USAID)’s future programming on stabilization and disinformation. The PSR Activity (contract number: 72068818C00002; funded value: $24,849,631) is funded by USAID’s Peace, Democracy, and Governance Office and is implemented by Creative Associates International, Inc. in Mali with the award dates from April 16, 2018, to July 16, 2023.
PSR is a five-year activity implemented in 43 communes in northern and central Mali. Specifically, PSR areas of Intervention include Taoudenit, Kidal, Menaka, Gao, Mopti, Tombouctou, and Segou. The purpose of the Activity is to improve prospects for long-term PSR by building trust between conflict-affected communities and their government and by strengthening the ability of communities to mitigate and manage conflict, as well as prioritize and implement their community’s most pressing development needs and by empowering marginalized youth as change agents. The initial goal is to generate measurable improvement in the efficiency, effectiveness, and capacities of the local communities to be more resilient to conflict and violent extremism by the end of this contract.
The evaluation will respond to four questions:
- To what extent have the PSR activities contributed to increasing communities’ resilience to violence and empowering them to resolve conflict? In addressing this question, the evaluation team (ET) should assess how the local governance activities lead to peace and stability in the PSR-targeted communes.
- How can USAID best support the scale-up of governance-related best practices that strengthen inclusive governance, civic engagement, conflict prevention, and conflict resolution?
- To what extent have PSR activities contributed to reducing the spreading of mal/dis/misinformation?
- How have PSR activities contributed to empowering youth and women in conflict prevention and resolution?
SI requests that all bidders examine the specific requirements contained in this Request for Proposals (RFP) and prepare responses pursuant to the terms of this RFP. All questions related to the RFP are to be submitted by April 25, 2023 and will be answered by April 28, 2023. The deadline to submit proposals is May 2, 2023. Please refer to the attached RFP below for a detailed documentation of project background and scope of work.
Points of Contact
Image Source: Data Collection Images – Browse 265,926 Stock Photos, Vectors, and Video | Adobe Stock. By Sergey Nivens. Adobe Stock.