EnCompass, with direct funding from USAID, has contracted Social Impact to conduct the Final Program Evaluation of OTI/Mozambique’s Tuko Pamoja (TP) program. TP has two objectives: (1) help vulnerable youth resist violent extremism (VE) influence more effectively and (2) increase positive engagement between local communities and the government. TP expects to achieve objective #1 by increasing the capacity of youth leaders to promote VE resilience among peers, and by reducing youth feelings of economic marginalization. TP expects to achieve objective #2 by increasing dialogue and information sharing between target communities and the local government, and increasing government responsiveness to community priorities. TP works in three zones: Pemba (Pemba, Montepuez), Coastal Cabo Delgado (Palma, Ibo and Metuge) and Nampula (Angoche, IIha de Moçambique, Nacala Porto, Nacala- A- Velha, Memba). Each of these zone have a different strategy with varying degrees of prioritization across programmatic sub-objectives.
In connection with this Final Program Evaluation, SI is seeking proposals from responsible suppliers for the provision of data collection services to conduct 60 in-person key informant interviews and 16 in-person focus group discussions across four communities in Nampula and Pemba.
Fieldwork is expected to be completed over a four-week period. The estimated period of performance for fieldwork is August 23-September 24.
Tasks for Data Collection Partner
- Translate instrument (including informed consent script) from English into all necessary local languages.
- Advise SI on sampling design in advance of interviews.
- With guidance from the team leader, train all interviewers on data collection instruments and research protocols.
- Develop a fieldwork schedule and quality assurance plan.
- Recruit, schedule and facilitate all KIIs and FGDs.
- Maintain close communication with the SI evaluation team through weekly written updates and ad hoc calls (as necessary).
- Upload translated (English) transcripts or detailed interview notes using a secure file transfer identified by SI.
- Comply with all respondent protection and data quality assurance requirements as outlined by SI.
SI requests that all bidders examine the specific requirements contained in this Request for Proposals (RFP) and prepare responses pursuant to the terms of this RFP. All questions related to the RFP are to be submitted by Friday, July 23, 2021 at 5 PM EDT and will be answered by Monday, July 26, 2021 at 5 PM EDT. The deadline to submit proposals is Tuesday, August 3, 2021 at 5 PM EDT. Please refer to the Annex A – Budget Template and Data Collection RFQ-OTI MOZ for a detailed documentation of project background and scope of work.
Please address communications regarding this RFP to all of the following contacts at Social Impact:
Mateusz Pucilowski [email protected]
Sam Mirtaheri [email protected]
Pechta Sok [email protected]